Top Foreign Language Films That Are In 90th Oscar Race
For the 90th Academy Awards, initially 92 films are considered originally for the nominations. Later, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced that there are only nine films that were advanced to next round of voting in Foreign Language Film Category. These films listed in alphabetical order by country. They are:
• Chile, “A Fantastic Woman,” Sebastián Lelio, director
• Germany, “In the Fade,” Fatih Akin, director
• Hungary, “On Body and Soul,” Ildikó Enyedi, director
• Israel, “Foxtrot,” Samuel Maoz, director
• Lebanon, “The Insult,” Ziad Doueiri, director
• Russia, “Loveless,” Andrey Zvyagintsev, director
• Senegal, “Félicité,” Alain Gomis, director
• South Africa, “The Wound,” John Trengove, director
• Sweden, “The Square,” Ruben Östlund, director
The Foreign Language Film Nominations for the last year 2017 are determined especially in two ways. They are:
• In Phase I, the committee members consists of Los Angeles based Academy members screened all the original submissions in the category between mid of October and December. The group has announced their top 6 choices and those were augmented by the three additional selections, and the final shortlist is done based on the votes by Academy’s Foreign Language Film Award Executive Committee.
• Academy members eligible to participate in the Nominations round of voting in New York, London, Los Angeles and, for the first time, the San Francisco Bay Area, will screen the nine shortlisted films in theaters over a three-day period from Friday, January 12, through Sunday, January 14, with three films screening each day. Additionally, international members (who live outside of the U.K.) are being invited to opt-in to stream the nine shortlisted films on the Academy’s member site. Members must see all nine films before casting their ballots.
The event will held on March 4TH of 2018 on Sunday. This will be at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood at Hollywood and Highland center. The Oscars will be telecasted as live on ABC Television Network at 6:30 PM. ET/3:30 PM. This will also televise live in not less than 225 countries and territories all over the World.
About The Academy:
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is the global community. It consists of more than 8000 members, includes accomplished artists, film makers and executives working in the film. It helps in recognizing the excellence of film making to Oscars. This academy supports a wide range of initiatives to promote the art and science of the movies, and that also includes public programming, educational outreach, and the upcoming Academy called Museum of Motion Pictures. This Museum of Motion Pictures is under construction in Los Angeles (L.A).